Thank you for choosing Personal Accountz. Please be aware that this program is no longer supported or developed. Please see below some historical help rescources or alternatively, please see our current personal finance product; Home Accountz V3.
Personal Accountz Update 126.96.36.199 (Feb 2010)
Changes since 188.8.131.52
- Changing an Automated Entries' date now forces Accounts to update.
Changes since 184.108.40.206
- Bug: accounts added to the Accounts Window in User-Defined-Report now filter themselves properly.
- Bug: On the Mac, the Graph and Bar Chart title-dates were in US format only. They now switch correctly with Preferences.
- Bug: If avoid-weekends set and an automated was due on Saturday then missing from Accounts->Forecast (and report for the following Monday) during Sunday only.
- Bug: Some punctuation characters included in Comments confused its drop-down menu.
Changes since 1.9.12.09
- fix: Crashes when Preferences->Auto-save->Settings->Global reset.
- fix: Cursor position settles-weirdly after deleting an account in Accounts, now OK again.
Changes since 1.9.12.02
- Bug fix: Accounts-automated-report now copes with redundant transactions e.g. "gas" to "gas"
- Bug fix: False appearance of Preview-window on-Paz-launch in Ubuntu with fancy-screen-settings now prevented.
Changes since 220.127.116.11
- Bug fix: Last selected account in Accounts now preserved-with-the-file again.
- Bug fix: Reference auto-increment messed up by previous change in 18.104.22.168
- Bug fix: Edit->merge messed up by previous change in 22.214.171.124
- Bug: Password now cleared on a File->New
Changes since 126.96.36.199
- Auto-insert-Reference now preserves leading zeros.
- Bug: Database-to-Accounts name sync' was unreliable, now OK.
Changes since 1.9.11.09
- Selecting an account in Database now triggers global selection i.e. not just in the Database.
- Accounts view not updated properly when currency decimal place changed.
- Previous change to de-inhibit recalculate accounts message caused premature auto-completion to Budget and Credit - restored.
- Reports previously opened in dual monitor now reset themselves in-view on single monitor.
Changes since 188.8.131.52
- The new Comments and Reference drop-down menus optimised (large amounts of user-data caused slowness).
- After file load, Accounts now always shows the last-selected-account in view (top area was scrolled out of view).
- The rightmost columns' drop-down-menus now re-position to the left too (not just the rightmost column)
- Graph now makes full use of vertical range (zero axis, red-line, now "floats" in-range rather than "aliquot" part of range).
- Graph spot-values improved e.g. try the middle mouse button for an additional "persistent" label. (control+middle button on the Mac)
Changes since 184.108.40.206
- Bug: Preferences->..."Reset to system clock" now updates "Next" dates again.
- Bug: Drop-down menu's scroll bar spoiled in 220.127.116.11 - now OK.
- Bug: Paz files saved on dual monitor now show on single monitor OK.
- Previously suppressed "Accounts recalculating..." messages now show when Credit and Debit changed in Database
Changes since 18.104.22.168
- 1. Feature: Drop down menus of all references and comments added to Reference and Comments fields.
- 2. Cosmetic: Account group nesting/headers in 1) above were inconsistent + ugly / suffixes removed.
- 3. Bug: On file-load an expired automated entry could "reappear" unexpectedly (because its start-date was overwritten by another's).
- 4. Bug: Erroneous empty row was inserted on file-load together with false appearance of the "This entry is locked..." message.
- 5. Bug: In an Accounts-tree report any balances over 999.99 where right-justified.
- 6. Bug: Any CSV file generated from 1) above was similarly corrupted.
- 7. Bug: AutomatedEntries did not update Accounts on row-deletion.
- 8. By default, File-Open attempts to offer the home-directory (for all operating systems).
- 9. Barclay's new OFX format now imports OK.
Changes since 22.214.171.124
- 1. Thousand delimiters added.
- 2. All right-justified fields repositioned for slightly more clearance.
- 3. Date format changes correctly for German-locale.
- 4. AutomatedEntries sorting now works correctly for the "done" rows too.
- 5. Bug fix repercussion: typing "+" or "-" in a blank-date-field now works again.
- 6. Bug fix: AccountsTree on some Mac versions ignored user-font-setting on launch with "start with last file saved".
- 7. Bug fix: File>SaveAs did not offer the original-filename as an option.
- 8. Toolbars + Buttons now resize with their window.
- 9. Reconcile-mode bug: a non-highlighted field can now be reconciled without including the highlighted field.
- 10. Automatic cheque number increment in Reference now works for an inserted row.
- 11. Control-delete now inhibited on reconciled-locked rows.
- 12. The '£' sign no longer inhibited i.e. no more "file is corrupt..." message (unless the file had been hand-modified).
- 13. Bug fix: crashed on some Macs on Find>first for non-existent string.
- 14. File path added to the failed-to-save warning.
- 15. bug fix: if avoid weekends was set and if automated entry due on Saturday then a Forecast Report produced on Sunday, failed to include it for the following Monday.
Changes since 126.96.36.199
- Bug introduced in the latest Budget-change fixed: Paz crashed when blank re-insterted in To or From of AutomatedEntries.
Changes since 188.8.131.52
- Odd behaviour on some Vista PCs now fixed.
- Live updating of any budget(s) of budget(s) re-instated (was inhibited in a previous optimisation).
- Calculator delete-line now works properly again.
- Summary auto-report failed to include blank-fields e.g. "Opening balance".
- Beep on auto-completion option added.
- Another QIF file variation now allowed - thanks to Shaun for those example files.
Changes since version 184.108.40.206
- Overdrawn column did not display anything if account *began* negative but was driven "positive" by credit setting.
- User settable fonts added.
- Bar Chart added.
- Paz Chart added.
- Function+key (Mac command+key) now work when windows floated.
- Date auto-complete prematurely if date separator set as "hyphen".
- Another QIF variant now loads/imports OK (thank you for sending us those QIF files).
- If (different) row selected with mouse while reconciling, the reconcile-highlight remained on the original row.
- File>History list increased to ten items.
- Bug fix: No warning given if save attempted to read-only device/file.
Changes since version 220.127.116.11
- Reference added in QIF loading.
- Income type budgeting fixed.
- Control-Q changed to Control-I (because it is "quit" on the Mac).
- Blank QIF fields no longer trigger "bad format" query.
- QIF files containing pre-year 2000 e.g. "97" now assumed to be twentieth century.
Changes since version 18.104.22.168
- QIF files can now be loaded directly (the Converter application is no longer required).
- QIF files can now be imported.
- OFX files can now be exported as an entire set (of the current work file's accounts).
- Sorting added to Accounts: restricted to the accounts within a selected group.
- Reconcile Lock easier to toggle - use control L or command L on the Mac.
- Reconcile colour changes when unlocked from cyan to magenta.
- Automated entries bug: "Done" now correctly indicates '1' on-the-day.
- Automated entries: completed run now indicated by colour change to magenta.
- Graph bug: groups containing groups of type Income wrongly totaled.
Changes since version 22.214.171.124
- Export OFX file added.
- Merge Accounts added.
- User Definable Reporting was one or all accounts: now any account combination possible.
- OFX importing: duplicates prevented.
- Entries' columns-no-longer-preserved-bug fixed.
- Missing report account-caption now added to print outs.
Changes since version 126.96.36.199
- Mac bug: Preferences was greyed-out in Mac menu.
- OFX files from American Express now load OK.
Changes since version 188.8.131.52
- Graphing added.
- OFX importing now fed to *both* sides of a transaction according to a user-setup imported-name-to-Paz-account -name list that is saved-with-the-file.
- Monthly budgets start date now ignores all transactions *before* it
- Numerous cosmetic changes.
Changes since version 184.108.40.206
- Monthly budget code optimised otherwise Entries' amount-changes became sluggish in files with > 150 accounts.
- Delete key enabled in Comments field.
- For newly created continuation files: Any/all auto-created-opening balances now set to the minimum-date.
- For newly created continuation files set in the past: Automated Entries are disabled and Auto-save-backup is turned off.
- Popup menus in Entries no longer displaced by the reconcile and find toolbars.
Changes since version 220.127.116.11
- Accounts: alternate coloured lines' background retained for negative amounts if/when negative background and text colours are set equal.
- AccountsTree: double-clicking for a report now longer toggles the node open/closed too. (node still toggles OK on account's name field).
- An auto-copy-above-cell would skip any intervening columns between To and From.
- OFX bug caused endless loop.
- CSV exporting: column titles and main title added.
- Preset Entries and Automated Entries tied into Preferences > Entries > Sorting > ASCII/Number.
- Default position changed to suit double monitor.
- Monthly budgeting added.
Changes since version 18.104.22.168
- Database forecasting-legend now updated with account selection.
- Accounts' overdrawn-date erroneously cleared after accounts recalculation.
- Accounts' negative-background/text colour messed up after 22.214.171.124.
- OFX and CSV filename paths now preserved with the file.
- The forecast-date-caption in Database now updated with account selection.
- Printer dialogue was sometimes obscured on the Mac.
- Printer page numbering fixed.
- Printer Preferences added.
- View > hide toolbars added.
- View > hide grids added.
- Alternate coloured lines added to Accounts.
- Context menu updated.
- If an automated entry due on Sunday and avoidWeekends was true and the file was opened and saved on that same Sunday then the automated entry would be duplicated the following Monday. Phew, this was a tough one. Now fixed.
- Popup message boxes now suppressed when first started.
- Reports To/From in Accounts Summary Report reversed so it makes more sense.
- Income type respected in Accounts Reports and Accounts Summary Reports.
- Overdrawn forecasting now includes Avoid Weekends function.
- Now updates immediately when Preferences/Avoid Weekends selected.
- Overdrawn forecasting algorithm optimised. Large files loaded much faster and forecasting greatly speeded up.
- CSV file extention bug fixed.
- Overdrawn dates in Accounts sometimes ignored bug fixed.
- Reports now open with scrolled view at the bottom line.
- Active reconciling row now highlighted.
- User definable reports now include reference text.
- Regular expressions added to both "comments" and "reference" in User Definable Reports.